Springtime at Canyon Falls by L'anse, MI

Springtime at Canyon Falls by L'anse, MI

Sunday, November 27, 2011

After Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is over...and the Christmas season has begun. My mother in law cooked 40 lbs of turkey to feed about 18 people and we had maybe 4 lbs left...

Friday was the Fantasy of Lights Parade in Howell, MI. It is a parade my husband, son, and I take in every year. It has gotten considerably smaller, when I was a child, there was at least 60 floats every year, this year I think there might have been 15. Chalk it up to the economy, I suppose. The floats were still beautiful. The bands played great. I think there were more people there than usual. (usual, being 20,000). It was nice to not have to wear 3 snowsuits, 4 sweatshirts, 2 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of long johns....well you get the picture, to go to the parade this year. It never seems to fail it is sleeting about parade time, not this year. It was 60 degrees. I wondered if I was in Florida.



My husband is building my son's Christmas present this year. We wanted to get him a barn, for his tractors and animals, but all we could find in the store were cheaply made plastic ones. So, we decided Dale will build it. The final dimensions my husband came up with are 24 inches wide, by 30 in long, by 24 inches high. He says after it is put together, he is going to stand on it. If it will take him standing on it, it should hold up to all the abuse my 5 year old can give it. I will post a picture when it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment