Springtime at Canyon Falls by L'anse, MI

Springtime at Canyon Falls by L'anse, MI

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Trucks

We have had an adventurous two weeks, since we have been home from vacation...those of you who read my previous post, know the trials and tribulations associated with getting home from vacation. What I have not had a chance to post is that the day after we got home, my husband had to work, on the way home he realized the motor was about to blow!

we have spent the last two weeks searching frantically for another 3/4 ton truck to pull our camper with before we go camping again, as the camping is already paid for.

We live in Byron, Mi....if you look at a map of Michigan, most of you know it is shaped like a mitten...we have driven all over from Howell, across to New Baltimore, up to Port Austin on the tip of the thumb, to Kawkawlin, which is by Bay City, back to our house, today alone we put over 200 miles on my truck.

We bought a vehicle, less than 20 miles from our house tonight!!!!!!

while it is good, I am feeling a bit frustrated with all the wasted time, gas, and energy...I feel badly for my poor 5 year old, who has been drug all over Hell's Half Acre with us. I have to give him many kudo's however. He has been so well-behaved, not creating a fuss, and riding along like a trooper. We allowed him an hour to splash in Lake Huron today, and Friday we visited Vantage Point in Port Huron and watched two Freighters pass each other in the river....

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the truck-- and so close to home! Yeah. I just read about your last trip- I yiyi. YOur son sounds like a real champ for hanging in there. I hope the next trip goes smoother.
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have a new truck now and that hopefully your next trip to the U.P. is better for you!

    ReplyDelete