Springtime at Canyon Falls by L'anse, MI

Springtime at Canyon Falls by L'anse, MI

Saturday, February 19, 2011

A sad day

Today was a very sad day for me. A very good friend of mine passed away today. A man who has been in my life since before I was born. Him and his wife are my parents neighbors. He was a man who didn't judge, but took you as you were for who you were. He taught me many things in life. He taught me to shoot a bow, and thanks to him I went to competition and was third in the state for a year. He bought me my bow that I used in competition. He took me up north with him and his mom.he helped instill in me a love for the outdoors and camping. He was more than a friend, he was my buddy, my mentor, my friend. I have no regrets, only sadness, I spoke with him on the phone a week ago, and he told me he was ready and he wanted to go. I told him, I respected that, but to know that I loved him, for all he had done. You will forever be in my heart, Rest in peace, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment