Springtime at Canyon Falls by L'anse, MI

Springtime at Canyon Falls by L'anse, MI

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Where oh where to camp this year?

Brimley, Hoeft, or on the Lake Michigan side of the state?

Brimley we have been to many times. Love it. but we have done about all there is to do from that location and quite frankly I am ready for some new adventures. My husband wants to drive halfway, then spend the night beneath the Bridge, then drive the rest of the way to Brimley. I get it, it's a long drive, and once you have been driving for hours on end, he's tired, he wants to be fresh for the Bridge. But, once were over the Bridge, why can't we go to Muskallonge Lake, or Clementz North Country Campground, or Taqhemenon Falls? Really, what's the difference, give or take a few hours? and some slower speed limits, not that he can do 70 mph when he is towing the camper anyways...

Hoeft....Has anyone been there recently? Cause my mom and I camped there in our tents back around 2001 or so and we got sand fleas. Note: my mom and I are both highly allergic to fleas. I don't want to get them little buggers in my camper. How would I get rid of them in less than two weeks? (cause we will be home from vacation exactly two weeks and then we are going out for the Halloween thing at Brighton Rec.) Please, if anyone has been there, let me know. I love that State Park, and the surrounding area....but I strongly dislike fleas!

Lake Michigan side of state: Nothing wrong with it that we know of, which is the point...we don't know anything about those campgrounds. We are a people who like to check out a campground before we stay there, mainly because we have a huge camper which my husband isn't used to backing around and our son needs room to play. Also, sand fleas come to mind as well, Lake Michigan is known for Sand Dunes....no sand fleas allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment